Price: 25 credits per employee
Duration: Approximately 14 minutes
OSHA standard: 1910.1030
OSHA-compliance status:| recommended for all employees
Downloadable content: Yes
You Might Also Be Interested In:
Other Primary Safety Training courses (required for all employees to maintain OSHA compliance)
Course Content Summary
It may seem as if blood-borne diseases are only relevant in the rare first-aid event on a farm operation. But the truth is, especially for livestock operations, exposure to risks are a daily occurrence.
This Good Day’s Work course offers training on the proper personal protection equipment to use as a guard against exposure to blood-borne diseases. It addresses the use of pharmaceuticals, syringes, razors and other devices known in the medical field as “sharps”. Content also includes general information about blood-borne disease transmission prevention, high-risk exposure events, and the spectrum of blood-borne diseases that pose a threat to humans. Lastly, your employees will also learn proper follow-up procedure if an exposure event should occur.
Who Should Take This Course?
For optimum OSHA compliance:
- Everyone within your operation must take this course annually, as it is a course
For optimum safety:
- Employees who are exposed to agriculture’s wide range of tools and other devices that can puncture or cut.
- Livestock operation employees who handle, store or in any way are exposed to the wide range of pharmaceuticals.
- Employees who could be called on to assist in the event of an accident or administering first aid.
- Supervisors of the above-mentioned personnel
- Any and all safety personnel on staff
What You Will Learn
Understanding Blood-Borne Diseases
Blood-Borne Disease Transmission
Recognizing High-Risk Exposure Events
Proper Waste Disposal
Contaminated Laundry Handling
Personal Protection Equipment
Start Your Training Program Today
Let us walk you through the process of calculating your free quote, absolutely no obligation required! Setting up and managing your Good Day’s Work account is online-efficient and incredibly easy.